05 March 2007

Yeah, Like That's Gonna Happen

I got a piece of email spam today entitled "Please read and get back to me"

It's a slightly different take on the old Uncle's Niece's Mother has an huge account that needs your money to help open.

From Mr. Johnson Eze.

I write to request your co-operation in my desire to find a foreign partner who will assist me in the relocation and investment of the sum of US $25million, which is presently available and in my possession. Presently, I am a serving government functionary in my Native Country. The money was realised from gratification/kickbacks which was received from foreign contractors who executed contracts for my country in the last 2 years.

I am unable to travell out now,so I shall be glad if you can stand as beneficiary to receive this money abroad and also nominate a good investment facility in your country where the fund will be placed for profits making. I am offering you 30% of total sum after the transfer.The entire plan and documents of this transaction will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive your positive response. I also want to assure you that there is no risk attach to you in this business.
Mr. Johnson Eze.
Some how I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. The believable part is that the $25 million was from contractor kickbacks.

    Of course, the President and Vice President of the USA know the locations of all kickbacks from their war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30%? Pfft. I want to be defrauded of at least 45%.

    Into the bin with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so.
    Maybe you should reply (clearly with a freebie email addy tho).

    Oh the fun that can be had with spam baiting. (http://www.419eater.com/)

    ReplyDelete