06 March 2007

Wrong Response

I had a hearing test today at the request of the doctor, after I went to see her about my little turn last week. I came over all dizzy if you are interested, which is probably linked to the blocked ears I've had since before Christmas. The hearing test showed some hearing loss in my left ear at higher frequencies, which would tally with what I've been saying about not being able to make out what is being said in noisy environments especially if they have higher pitched voices. But when I looked at the graph that the nurse had charted out my first thought was "Oh Good, I've got something to blog about tonight. Better than the 'marigold gloves fetish' search result I got a hit from yesterday." instead of "Ooooh that's not good, I hope it's only temporary"

My considered response is "Ooooh that's not good I hope it's only temporary" I will be seeing the doctor next week I'll let you know.

4 comments:

  1. Well I suppose your reaction is the sign of a true blogger Jane, hon! fingers crossed that this isn't anything serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny, really from almost the start it's been more discomfort than pain. But I am a bit concerned that it could cause permanent hearing loss but got me fingers crossed there's nothing I can do about it at the mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that, (No Pun) , but it does give you a fine excuse for selective hearing for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was at university I knew a girl with a marigold gloves fetish. She drove a BMW and was absolutely gorgeous. But she fancied someone else, who wasn't sure about the gloves thing. What a complete fool he was, I would have taken her in my arms and made her yellow fingered dreams come true...

    ReplyDelete