05 December 2005

Grand Theft Auto

Went Christmas shopping on Saturday in Kings Lynn. I was in the zone, I was at one with the Christmas present list as I managed to get almost all my present buying done including a present for Simon who was proving to be the most difficult to buy for, until inspiration hit me.

Why are men so hard to buy for? Yes there are loads of present ideas out there but they are either laddish, beer games and footy related or they are so dull, hankies, socks, undies that I feel grim contiplating buying them. Lord knows how the poor bloke feels receiving them. What also makes it harder is that many blokes tend to go from would-like-to-have through must-have to just-bought in 5 seconds flat so they've got everything. Case in point Simon spotted a copy of Grand Theft Auto he had been after, instead of pointing and hinting heavily, he just went ahead and bought it.

Having said that it's not just men, my Mum is pretty hard to buy for as well, when asked she said how about some chopping boards? :-s. I want to be able to wrap a present up thinking, I've done well I've bought a present that I'm happy to give because I know that they will like it, that I like as well. Chopping Boards don't really have that pazazz.

I feel happy with the presents I've got so far, they "sang to me" I would like to recieve them. But don't worry any family that are reading this I've not got you a DVD of Sheffield Wednesday's greatest goals.

3 comments:

  1. "I've not got you a DVD of Sheffield Wednesday's greatest goals..."

    I'll resist the temptation to make the obvious joke here... Mainly because I'm from Derby, and they're not exactly pulling any trees up at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derby?!! Last time I was there I near got knifed.

    Damn shaggers. As far as I am aware, there is only one team in the East Midlands, m'duck.

    (Still, the Abbey provides as much entertainment as Filbert St these days...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're spot on Jane, I have to hold my hand up and say I've done exactly that. A couple of days before my birthday, I saw a game I'd been after for ages, rushed over and bourght it and was most pleased with myself.

    I thourght it rather odd that my girlfriend was very quiet for the rest of the afternoon, in fact the phrase "speechless" might be more accurate. It never even occurred to me that it might have something to do with now only having 24 hours to find me a brand new present. Wupps.

    ReplyDelete