09 September 2008

The End Of The World Is Not Scheduled For Tomorrow

But then again people love to be scared, or to be iconoclastic against the vast majority. Most don't give a monkeys about the LHC, there's not been a mention of it in the office, but then we do go in for very mundane water cooler moments where I work, football and Holby City seems to be the subjects that grip the most people.

So I'm pretty confident that I will be seeing Simon tomorrow when he gets back from St Albans where he's being educated in the ways of interfaces.

I had an offer on my flat but it was stupidly low, so I've rejected it. I doubt he'll come back with anything reasonable so the next step will be to let the place out, then this place then rent something we can live in with more than one bedroom and enough room for us to swing the proverbial cat. It will be wonderful to have a garden and a spare bedroom or two.

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the site for the Large Hardon Collider?

    I suspect the world will survive simply because I have a huge pile of filing to do tomorrow. No easy escape for me :)

    My brother has his own opinion on what will happen when they switch it on

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't actually coliding anything tomorrow, just sending one beam round. The end of the world is scheduled for november I think.

    I've been more excited about the new ipod touch being anounced today. Although in the end it wasn't that exciting (still ordered one though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So I'm pretty confident that I will be seeing Simon tomorrow when he gets back from St Albans where he's being educated in the ways of interfaces..."

    But will it be the real Simon? Or will it be a Simon from a parallel Universe, sucked into ours via the Large Hadron Collider/Doomsday machine!!!

    I'd keep a very close eye on him if I were you :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the rapping scientists yet?

    ReplyDelete